My research seeks to understand the processes responsible for transportation, deposition and preservation of clastic sediments and apply these ‘rules’ to applied problems.
Sam Hudson specializes in Petroleum Geology, Sedimentology, & Stratigraphy
Research InterestsSedimentary Geology, Petroleum geology and energy resources, basin analysis, geochemistry, salt tectonics.
Teaching InterestsSedimentary Geology, petroleum geology and energy resources, basin analysis, geochemistry, field geology, introductory geology.
Honors and Awards
- Myron G Best Teaching Award, Brigham Young University (2020 - 2020)
- J Keith Rigby Research Award, Brigham Young University (2019 - 2019)
- SEPM (2015 - Present)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (2000 - Present)
- Geological Society of America (2000 - Present)
- Conference-Related Role, American Association of Petroleum Geologists (2017 - 2018)