I met my husband Kevin at BYU during my undergraduate studies. After getting married we moved to Reno, Nevada where we both worked on our undergraduate degrees. After my husband graduated with his degree in english we moved to Spokane, Washington for him to earn his law degree at Gonzaga University. Kevin was offered a position as a law clerk in Reno Justice Court which allowed us to move back to Reno. When we moved back, I finished my BS in Chemistry. My degree in Chemistry allowed me to work as a private science and math toutor while my children were young and worked as a chemistry teach in a charter school. When my children were older I went back to school to get my Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology and physiology and the University of Nevada-Reno. My husband and myself have lived in Reno, Nevada for the last 20 years and were able to raise our two children there. We are both very excited to start this new phase in our lives.
Research InterestsExploration of therapeutics for muscular dystrophies and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis using in vitro and in vivo models. Cellular based assays, biochemical, and histological evaluation, along with translational endpoint measures which are used to determine efficacy for proposed therapies.
Teaching InterestsI am excited to find new way for students to participate in interactive learning. Helping them to discover and take responsibility for their learning which they can use through out their lives.
- Ph.D.-Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, , University of Nevada-Reno (2014)
- BS-Chemistry Field of Concentration, Chemistry , University of Nevada-Reno (2000)
Honors and Awards
- New Directions in Biology and Disease of Skeletal Muscle Conference Industry Outreach Workshop Award (2016 - 2016)
- New Directions in Biology and Disease of Skeletal Muscle Conference Outstanding Poster Award (2016 - 2016)
- Department of Pharmacology Graduate Research Student of the Year, University of Nevada School of Medicine (2014 - 2015)
- American Thoracic Society (2018 - Present)
- American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy (2019 - 2020)
- National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) (2014 - 2017)